- The dark elves are building an altar to their dark gods
- There are over 150 drow warriors in the mines
- One female elven priestess seems to be in charge, although she is assisted by two others and accompanied by a male elf in robes.
- The dark elves need royal elven blood to consecrate their altar
- When the altar is complete it will be usable as a gateway bring dark forces in from other parts of the world
- The dark elves have struck a deal with the Black Dragon pirates to use an elven royal the pirates hold captive to consecrate the altar
- The altar is nearing completion, the captive will brought soon
- Although the lesser treasuries of Blackstone mine have been looted, the great treasury has not been found
- When the mines were overrun the master artificer set off an explosion in the workshops which buried the tools and equipment needed for the manufacture of constructs under tons of rubble
- Buried in the rubble is a book which explains the manufacture of amanitium constructs and how to control them
They also provided the players with the map below
***Warning not for the faint of heart, my players have rated this map worst player handout ever***
After reviewing the map, and inspecting the amount of rubble in the workshop (a lot!!). The party formulates a cunning plan (unlike the rangers "lets drop down from the secret door in the ceiling of the main hall and kick their ass"). They will tunnel into the sleeping quarters of the high priestess and slay her by surprise. Unfortunately two days into the seven days required for the secret tunnel a band of black dragon spawn shows up to reinforce the drow, and the ranger comes up with an alternative plan "Lets attack the guard post we past on the way here". More next time.